I have followed an uncommon path and am often hard for people to categorize. Rather than label myself or craft a fluffy candidate bio, here are some things you might find relevant in considering me as a City Council candidate:
Things I have volunteered to do:
- Audubon Neighborhood Association
— I’ve been a part of nearly everything ANA has accomplished over the past decade
— 2 Terms as Association President, 2 terms as Treasurer
— Currently Chair of Land Use Committee and member of our Housing Committee
— Spearheaded the Central Avenue Area Task Force, which led to the adoption of our Neighborhood Master Plan
— Wrote ANA’s NRP Phase 2 Neighborhood Action Plan
— Created ANA’s Security Rebate Program which has been used as a model by several other neighborhoods
— Established financial policies for the organization
— Led the effort to adopt a set of neighborhood standards
— Obtained grant for and coordinated our Latino housing survey and outreach
— 7 years service on Communications Committee
- Hollywood Task Force(s)
— I’ve been part of every effort since 2001 trying to bring this landmark alive
- Northeast Citizen Patrol
— I was the first volunteer to join
— I’ve spent thousands of hours on patrol throughout every Northeast neighborhood (Third Ward, too!)
- Member of NECP’s First Ward Problem Properties Team
— We’ve brought together Police and Probation Officers, Inspections, Licensing, the PPU,
the City Attorney, CCP/SAFE, the Fire Department and the NE Chamber of Commerce
to resolve more than 30 properties over the past 2 years
- I maintain the Eastside Defender, a website of crime and safety news covering the 2nd Precinct
- Member of the Northeast Lions Club
— Charitable Gaming Audit Committee
- Community Engagement Task Force
— I was the only vote against sending the CETF report to the City Council
- Hearts & Hammers
— Helped 20 residents in Beltrami and Audubon stay in their homes
Things I have been paid to do:
- Advertising Design
- Website Development
- Life Coaching
- Project Management
- Mail-order Sales
Miscellaneous Personal Info:
- I earned a B.S. in Economics with a minor in Geography from the University of Minnesota
- I haved lived in Minnneapolis for my entire life, except for thirteen months when I lived 100 feet outside the border in a St. Anthony Village apartment.
- I have never married and have no children.
- I am an avid bicyclist, but not a bike nut. I wish I could ride more.
- I am an active stock investor and trader. I understand financial statements.
- I graduated from De La Salle High School on Nicollet Island.
If there’s anything you want to know about me, just ask.